Customer Success Story
Shorty’s Liquor CBD is Sydney's premier supplier of corporate beverages and fine wine experiences.
Food & Beverage
Marketing & Conversion, User Experience & Design,
Performance & Scalability
Magento Solution Partner:
“Making sure our online experience would match our customers’ very high expectations was absolutely key at the outset of this project.”
Dave Short, Owner
Uncorking B2B eCommerce Success with Magento
Extending a Great Reputation for Service to Online
With 31.4 billion bottles of wine sold globally each year, the question for drinks retailers is how to stand out from the crowd. Shorty’s Liquor CBD has done just that since 2004 by focusing on the corporate market and providing exceptional service to blue-chip businesses, catering companies, and iconic Australian venues. It was critical that the online experience be best-of-breed.
A Site Focused on Corporate Customers’ Needs
Magento Silver Partner, webqem, chose Magento Enterprise Edition to deliver on Shorty’s exacting requirements:
- Near-time integration (one minute update intervals) with stock database, including two-way communication for orders, customer information, pricing update, and catalogue management. Tinx-it provided the integration solution between the Microsoft ERP and Magento.
- PayPal and eWay payment gateways and shortlist functionality for a quick re-ordering process. Fully responsive with multiple breakpoints (smartphone to standard desktop), and even extra-wide desktop for corporate users with large format screens
- Temando shipping plug-in provides streamlined delivery fulfilment and complex delivery rules such as Same Day before 10am, Cold, Pick a day with Am or Pm time options
- Integrations with the cloud-based Financials for Office 365 by Microsoft Dynamics cut order processing by up to 50 percent and an ERP system for customer-specific pricing
- Integration with approval system for financial monitoring of orders
A Premium Experience Triples Sales
“We wanted a premium experience that would make corporate beverage purchases easier and more efficient while maintaining the personality of the business. It’s clear we absolutely smashed that goal, with online sales accounting for 30% of our business within just 16 weeks of launch,” says Dave Short, Owner of Shorty’s Liquor CBD. Other results include a three-fold increase in online sales within the first quarter, and a considerably faster site than all major competitors (by a minimum of 13%, and as much as 24%). According to Mr. Short, the biggest benefit gained is the ability to grow. “As Shorty’s Liquor CBD prepares to celebrate its 10th birthday in December 2014, it is poised for business growth well into its second decade.”